Sunday, August 18, 2019

THE SEPTEMBER BRIDE, a poem


          

          The September Bride
           an independent woman
           glowing with intelligence
           and contagiously happy
           I loved her so much 
           
            The loving Mother
             a dream is fulfilled
             love unparalleled
             then cherishing four
             I loved her so much

             The woman’s departure
              from a life well lived
              a remembrance of joy
              clouded by sadness
              I loved her so much

          (Ginger and I were married in September of 1956. Nine months later our son, Kenny, was born to her delight. She had wanted children from the time she was a little girl. We had three more: Roy, Danny and Carol. Ginger died in August of 2019.)

A suggestion: try my novel, THE ABSCONDER, on Kindle


            

No comments: