Wednesday, March 18, 2020

CONVERSATIONS, a poem



I wish I could play back
          My conversations with Ginger
          We had many happy ones
          About films, novels, children
          Politics and the world
          I wish I had recordings
          Of those conversations
          I can’t remember them
          In detail
          They were words spoken
          And enjoyed
          Gone like the momentary
          Licking of an ice cream cone
          Or sipping an Irish whiskey
          On a damp, cold, winter evening
          I wish I could reach into my mind
          Or brain to sort through
          Those tens of thousands
of conversations
          To replay them at will
          I have clears memories
          Of slices of sentences
          From Ginger, from my mother
          From others in my life
          Most positive, some negative
I wish I could play back
          My conversations with Ginger


         

No comments: